Looking for official "End of Life" scheduled dates for Sybase ASE 12.5.x versions?
Tom Brehony
2004-10-12 12:42:57 UTC
I cannot find a table of these dates on the Sybase support web site.
Can anyone point me at this list? Thanks!

Tom.
Michael Peppler
2004-10-12 14:36:55 UTC
Post by Tom Brehony
I cannot find a table of these dates on the Sybase support web site.
Can anyone point me at this list? Thanks!
I don't think 12.5 has been EOL'd yet.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc.
***@peppler.org http://www.peppler.org/
Tom Brehony
2004-10-12 15:34:12 UTC
I suppose my question is really how much longer is 12.5.x likely to be
supported?

I'm not looking for an exact date, just a general idea.

Tom.
Michael Peppler
2004-10-13 06:09:02 UTC
Post by Tom Brehony
I suppose my question is really how much longer is 12.5.x likely to be
supported?
I'm not looking for an exact date, just a general idea.
Given that 12.0 has been supported for a good 3 years after 12.5 was
released, and that 15.0 will come out next year my *guess* is that 12.5
will be supported for at least another three years.

However you should really ask someone at Sybase about this - I haven't
heard any "official" information about this one way or another.

Michael
Anthony Mandic
2004-10-13 12:59:56 UTC
Post by Tom Brehony
I suppose my question is really how much longer is 12.5.x likely to be
supported?
I'm not looking for an exact date, just a general idea.
Sybase appears to be supporting to versions at a time now
(currently ASE 12.0 and ASE 12.5). Once ASE 15.0 is released,
expect ASE 12.0 to be EOL'd. That would then than ASE 12.5 has
at least another 2 years. Perhaps longer as Michael suggests.

-am © 2004